Major changes to all partner visas are possible in 2021.
The Sponsor (Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident) may have to apply and be approved BEFORE the Visa Applicant can apply.
Some of the issues that need to be addressed are:
- How long will the Sponsor approval take?
- This will depend on many things. The Sponsor needs police checks from all countries lived in for a certain period. These will be needed BEFORE the visa can be applied for.
- Has the Sponsor got any criminal history? Some can be overcome, more serious matters will be a major problem.
- If the Visa applicant is waiting in Australia to apply, how long do they have on their visa? Will there be enough time?
- It may be a good idea to contact us now if before November 2021 to assess whether you can go ahead urgently.
Each case needs careful assessment. Do not risk your future, call an expert now.