The SC189 visa is for Kiwis in Australia who arrived before 19 February 2016. It will give you a permanent visa and access to citizenship and other government benefits. You do NOT lose your NZ citizenship and passport and you can be a dual citizen, Australia and New Zealand.
- hold a New Zealand Special Category (subclass 444) visa.
- have usually resided in Australia for at least the last 5 years.
- have started living here on or before 19 February 2016.
- in most cases, have a taxable income at or above a specific income threshold for each of the four completed income years prior to lodging an application. For the latest years this is $53,900 but it can and may vary in earlier and later years.
- If your income is less than this there may be some way we can help you get over this.
We are happy to assess your situation and whether we believe you qualify for the SC 189 New Zealand visa. Some important points:
- The income is the main criteria but there are other important factors you need to qualify with.
- If you do this yourself and make a mistake, you lose the money you pay.
- We assess before you pay the government fees therefore it is very unlikely you will fail if we manage the application.
- Many Kiwis “DIY” and make mistakes.
- We do not make mistakes.
Please contact us for an assessment.